Please Join us on March 14 – 15, 2014 at the Dalhousie Faculty of Management for the second annual Canada’s Business Model Competition®.
Canada’s Business Model Competition® is the national qualifier competition for the International Business Model Competition and is organized by the Starting Lean Initiative, a project of the Norman Newman Centre for Entrepreneurship. This year, the Competition is a two-day event with teams arriving from across Canada to attend a panel discussion and fireside chat with Steve Blank on Friday and to compete for the Canadian finals on Saturday (with a 50K prize package from Deloitte). The first place winner will advance to the International Business Model Competition at Brigham Young University, in Provo Utah.
There are several pieces taking place over March 14th and 15th that we think you would enjoy, including:
Friday (March 14th), Potter Auditorium, Rowe Building, Dalhousie University
* (2:45 – 3:45 pm): a panel discussion with prominent thought leaders, academics and practitioners in innovation and entrepreneurship including:
- Dr. Ted Zoller, a Kaufman scholar and the director of the Entrepreneurship Centre at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Dr. Mike Goldsby, Director of the Entrepreneurship Centre at Ball State and Stoops Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship at Ball State University
- Dr. Francine Schlosser, Director (Business) Centre for Enterprise and Law, University of Windsor
- David Baxter, President of Fiddlehead Technology
- Jon French, Director of Marketing and Events at the Next36
- Dr. Mary Kilfoil, Academic Lead for the Starting Lean Initiative, Dalhousie University
* (4:00 – 5:00 pm): a Fireside chat with Steve Blank via Skype
- Steve Blank, Silicon Valley serial-entrepreneur and academician, the Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley, Columbia University and the California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
Saturday (March 15th), 1020, Rowe Building, Dalhousie University
* (2:00 – 4:30 pm): Final Judging- Open to the public.
We hope you can join us at one or more of the public events listed above.
The Starting Lean Team